Friday, March 19, 2010

Welcome

Spring is teasing us again in Chicago with temps up to 60 degrees. My clematis vines have poked through the mud and by tomorrow they will have reached the bottom of the trellis...the rotting trellis that needs to be rebuilt. Guess we know what the husband will be doing this weekend! (Don't feel sorry for him...he misses his workbench, and a trip to the Lowes lumberyard is his idea of fun.)
The Leaning Trellis of Chicago in 2008.

Why a new blog? In the spirit of spring and new beginnings, I decided...wait, that's not true. You see, it's the fault of my sister-in-law. I love to make things, and I enjoy finding new ideas on the web. Whenever I share something with Sue, she says, "That's really cute. You should have your own craft blog!" She can be very persuasive, so here we are.


My wonderfully patient husband not only puts up with my crafting mess, he actually encourages it. Including the years we dated, we've been together more than 20 years, so that's a lot of messes! (That didn't come out right.)We also have a lovely daughter who is 13 and most likely will roll her eyes at mom's blog. (That's a safe bet...take it.)


I love being a mom and an Awana leader at church. I'm also a former Girl Scout leader, so you'll find some kid-friendly crafts here. Eventually you can expect to see a lot of my favorite things: the Cricut, Mod Podge, and glitter. I have clothes stained with acrylic paint, and my old kitchen table was ruined by an unfortunate glue gun accident. We won't discuss the apartment carpet incident of '97.

No comments:

Post a Comment